Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Lego Piñata


Joshua wanted to have a Lego party for his 6th birthday. So, we embarked on a journey to create a Lego Piñata and a Lego cake. I'll save the cake for another post. I researched several different ways of making a Lego piñata, and was pleased with the final product. I took a medium sized box and distressed it by putting holes in the sides (though in looking back, it wasn't enough and was harder to bust than I had originally thought it would be). I used red tissue paper, cut into strips, and the slits cut up one side of each strip, to make the "fuzzy" part. I used Elmer's glue to put on the first cover of red and also to glue on the top round pieces. Other than that, I used a glue stick! Joshua helped me with several sections. We stuffed it with candy through a secret door, which of course the boys loved. It was a blast at the party get the candy out. More about the party later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!
You are THE BEST Mama. :)
I love you,
Alison